Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hello from Garet

I am getting so bid and wanted to let you all know how I am doing. As you can see by my picture I am getting so big and starting to do so many new things every day. I have now rolled from my belly to back and back to belly. I do not do this very often but when I do mommy and daddy cheer for me so maybe I will start to do this more often. I had a cardio dr appointment on the 20th. It went really well, they did the normal stuff. They weighed me and on there scale I weighed 14 lbs and 11 oz. Mommy and Daddy thought there scale might be off so a couple days later they took me to my regular doctor to get a weight check and there scale said I weighed 15lbs and 9oz. They thought that was more like it. I am still right around 26 inches long. They also did the EKG and ECO and it looks like my heart function has gone up a little bit. It was around 30% and now they say it is close to 37% so yeah my heart is pumping a little bit better. I knew all the jumping I had been doing in my jumpy thing was going to pay off at some point. They took away one dose of another one of my diuretic that make me pee. Now I only have to take it in the morning so that helps with my super wet diapers in the middle of the night. Most nights I can go without Mommy or daddy having to change my diapi. They have also upped my medicine that is helping my heart to pump more. It seem every time they take a med away they are giving my more of another one. That is ok with me because I am getting really good at taking all my meds and most of the time do not give mommy, daddy or grandma rose to much trouble when they try to give them to me. I also got to go and visit some of my nurses in the PICU when we were in Gainesville. It was so great to see them and show them how big I am getting. Granny made some cookies for us to take with us. Those nurses always like to eat food.

Mommy, Daddy and Grandma Rose have starting to introduce a bunch of new and yummy foods to me. They will try a new one for 4 days before they give me another new one, just to make sure I do not have an allergic reaction to any of them. So far so good. I have had sweet potatoes, Carrot, and green bean. My favorites are the fruits. I have got to try bananas and apple sauce. I like them so much that they make me laugh as I eat them. I am still eating cereal with my fruit for breakfast and I of course still love my bottles. I am eating about 6oz at each feeding. No wonder with all this good food I am gaining weight so well.

Well that is about all that is going on in my life right now. Mommy and Daddy have been busy looking for someone that I can go and stay with during the day while they are at work. Grandma Rose is going to have to go home at the end of September and I will miss her very much but I understand that she has to go home and take care of Grandpa and Mugsey(there dog) We have visited with so many really nice people but they have not been able to make any decisions yet. I hope they find someone great that will help me learn all that I can.

Well I think I am going to try to take a nap now so I will talk to you all again soon. Thank you so much for all the prayers from everyone they are really helping me continue to grow and gain strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment