Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation was a lot of fun

I was really bad at taking pictures on vacation. I am hoping that some of my family members that took pictures will email them to me so I can post more pictures for you all to see. One of Garets favorite things to do on vacation was take a bath. The bath tubs in the condos were very large and like a pool to him. He wanted to take them even if he was not messy. Lucky for him we did a lot of stuff outside so most evening he needed a bath.
We were able to go to the beach a couple times. At first Garet was not to sure of the sand and water but it only took a little while for him to warm up to it all. Below is a picture of Garet and Grandma Rose looking for shells.
We had lots of fun looking for shark teeth. Matt is one of the best for finding them. We were out in the ocean floating around and a guy near us found one down in the sand that was as big as my hand. I am just glad that he found the tooth and not the shark it belonged to. It was huge.
Beach time does wear you out. So what better place to take a nap than under the umbrella with the sound of the ocean all around. I wish I could just fall asleep anywhere and get some good rest this way.
The final picture I wanted to post is not from our vacation. Matt, Garet and I have some big news. We are going to be welcoming a new member to our family in late January early February. We are now expecting Baby Howard #2. Below is the first glimpse that we were able to get of baby Howard. We are very excited and nervous all at once. I saw the dr the other day and he said that they were going to do everything they can to get us to the correct doctors to make sure everything looks right with Baby #2 heart. We feel very blessed and thankful that we will have this addition to our family. We are now and have been praying for the health of the baby and all the doctors that will be with us on this venture to the next chapter of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lydina. What an awesome post! Love you.

    Aunt K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garet is looking so big and healthy. I have followed his blog since the beginning. Congratulations on the new baby. You will all be in my prayers.
    Jody Didier

    ReplyDelete