Monday, May 18, 2009

Our new room


May 17th 2009 @ 11:46am


So last night at about 6:30 pm we got moved to a different room. The room that we have been moved to has the capability of a process called ECMO. This process is a machine that can support the heart if it decides to go into full failure. The ECMO machine pumps the blood out of the body and puts oxygen into the blood and then pumps it back into the body. They are not saying that we will have to do this but there are only 2 rooms on the entire floor that have the capability for that machine, so I guess we are in the right room if that has to happen.


He seems to be staying some what stable with all the meds that they have him on and last night he was so awake it was nice to see him look at us. He does get very mad when he sees people talking to him and they can not pick him up. So we have to be careful when he is awake how much we talk to him. I don't blame him for getting mad. I know I want to pick him up every time I see him. I think that is the hardest thing, not being able to hold him and make him feel better. Well that is my thought for this morning. I am sure that I will have more updates as the day oes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment