Monday, May 18, 2009

Plans have changed for tomorrow

Well we were suppose to be going in to the Cardio Cath first thing in the morning and then they changed it so they were going to go an MRI instead and then they came back in and said that they changed there mind back to wanting to do the cardio cath but then they had lost there place in line so now we have to wait to do it till Thursday instead of having it done tomorrow. I with they would have made up there mind before the canceled the first apt. Now instead of having a chance to get answers tomorrow we have to wait till Thursday, and that is if they don't change that again. I know they are trying to do what is best and the reason the thought the MRI would be better is it is less invasive procedure. But I guess they can find out more with the Cardio Cath so I really do not know what to think right now.

They do feel that he is staying stable enough that they are going to try to feed him threw his IV more than just the nutrients and potassium that they have been giving him. In order for them to be able to do that he has to do a little poo poo for us. So we are waiting for him to do that.

Today we met with the lady that does all the paper work in order to get us on the transplant list if we have to go that wrought. We are still hoping that is does not come to that but they want to be on the ball in case we do. There are so many blood tests and paper work that has to be done before they can even start to consider putting him on a transplant list.

He is for sure getting his days and nights mixed up. It is now almost 11 pm and he is so awake and looking around. We will have to work on that before we leave the hospital. I will stay up all night long if I have to just to have him home with us.

Matt had to go home tonight so that he could get up early to go to work tomorow. It is hard to think that we still have to do our normal day stuff with all of this going on. I still have 2 weeks left before I have to go to work. I am going to be able to work out of the office that is only about 5 or 6 miles away from the hospital in case I have to run over here. I feel very greatful that I have the option to be able to do that. Well I will chat some more tomorow but for now it is bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment